- Purpose and Scope
As one of our amazing VoxFresh volunteers/staff members, you give your time and energy to ensure young vocalists have a space to have fun, feel challenged, be inspired and grow. We want to make sure all members of the VoxFresh team including the singers and staff can access learning and development opportunities.
- When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to all VoxFresh singers, staff and volunteers. Whether a new member, or someone who has been in VoxFresh for a longer time, we encourage and expect all young vocalists and the supporting team to continue learning.
- Learning and development opportunities
Learning and development opportunities could include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Vocal technique
- Other music technique
- Confidence and personal growth
- Learning from mistakes in a safe, positive environment
- Community interactions
- Music industry insight
- Cross-cultural learnings
- Contributing to the creative elements of VoxFresh
VoxFresh will tailor learning and development to be relevant to the individuals at any given time. The following principles help guide these decisions
- Excellence – our learning and development will be a consistently high quality, developed and delivered alongside appropriate experts where relevant.
- Accessible – we will offer learning and development opportunities to suit participants of different ages, abilities and with different learning preferences (online resources, age-appropriate language, additional workshop opportunities).
- Transparent – the Lead Vocal coach will keep the learning relevant to material at the time so all learning and development is clear. Feedback will always be given to individuals for both successes and disappointments so their pathway of further development is well-defined.
- Proportionate – much learning will happen by default and does not need explicit attention. The focus put on learning needs to be proportionate to the core values of VoxFresh – empowering young vocalists – and not risk overwhelming any individual.
4. Contact Details
Kat Penn (Director): email@example.com; [07752 976788]
Main VoxFresh inbox – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.